Saturday, February 26, 2011

I really am reading...

On the scattered, sacred reading list at present:

-Drive by Daniel Pink
-Spark by John J. Ratey
-Replenishing the Earth by Wangaria Maathai
-Home Comforts by Cheryl Mendleson
-The Sacredness of Questioning Everything by David Dark
-Raising Happiness by Christine Carter
-The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag (Flavia de Luce mystery) by Alan Bradley
-The Carb Lovers Diet by Ellen Kunes
-Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer
-The Book of Lost things by John Connolly
-Savor by Thich Nhat Hanh
-The Family by Jeff Sharlet
-Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout

A couple of these haven't been cracked yet, but most have been started. I'm fairly far in a few and half way in a few. The kindle is a dangerous tool for a person with too many interests.

I'm starting to get into tea and sweet little cups and saucers. I recently learned that my Grandma Hall collected separate sets, and G'pa said he'd give them to me. Winifred's cups and saucers will certainly mean more to me than anything I might find out and about while visiting antique stores. I really miss her even though I'm at peace with her passing. It's been almost 4 years--hard to believe.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was researching Halls in Ga and Florida, and ran across your post on your other blog, about some brothers in your family, one of whom moved to Illinois. This may fit the DNA profile for my Hall ancestor. I would love to exchange furhter information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete