Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Belgian Endives

Typical Tuesday night in the Weldon household after getting bebes to bed and awaiting Sweetness: experimenting in the kitchen. I'm supposed to do a lentil coconut soup, but I'll save it for a night when I have more time.
 

Belgian Endives have always been a mystery to me. I can watch French films and read cookbooks all I want, but bitter is bitter for me typically. And then there is endive lettuce which I don't care for, but I decided to give an inviting recipe a try--I blame Molly Wizenberg for always making things sound so tasty and warm!
 

Check out her blog entry (from Orangette) on preparing these in a way that's tasty and not at all bitter. Get ready to kill most of the nutritional value though? Chicken stock, heavy cream, prosciutto, roasting/braising, butter and extra virgin olive oil. Need I say more?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment