Thursday, June 30, 2011

Toad Cottages and Shooting Stars

Slowly but surely I'm working my way through my pile of books. (We don't have a lot of time for reading these days.)

Toad Cottages and Shooting Stars by Sharon Lovejoy has been a wonderful journey of crafts and ideas. I know it's for Grandmothers, but I sought it out for the numerous activities and clever ways to bring nature and whimsy into our girls' lives. There are ideas about making child guests feel at home in your home, recipes for old timey food they can make with you, fairy houses/gifts, spying animals and their tracks even in your urban yard, treating birds with various foods and materials and starting plants out of root vegetables. All manner of mahem and goodness.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...what a great book...I have never heard of it but will seek it out now...thanks for that and great blog.
    Xox Jo

    ReplyDelete