Sunday, August 14, 2011

Heaven on Earth


It's hard to follow "Simplicity Parenting," but I did with Heaven on Earth by Sharifa Oppenheimer. It is broken into chapters helpfully, and the margins are really big with her notes and for ours. I liked some of the recipes and suggestions for family festivals. She also has awesome resources for any area you'd like to explore and find for yourself. There are a few sweet stories that are good examples of what to tell a child at a certain age--we'll have try those!

I did find the book somewhat tedious/dogmatic at times in terms of making a child's environment perfect. I don't suggest that we shouldn't try to, but so many of the lengths are, well, lengthy. :) I go pretty far in our home life to accomplish this sanctuary of hearth/home, but she advocates for much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment