Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thanks to Physh!

My mother-in-law, Phyllis (aka Physh) is an amazingly patient and generous woman. She took me and sweet Zoë all over Gainesville's big crafty stores (Joanne's, Hancock, Michael's) so we could find the right materials for terrain fairly new to me: knitting and sewing. Other crafty fun has always been percolating and transforming through the experiences of my young girls; but these are skills I want to have so that I can make things for loved ones, for our family.

If you take a good look at the the yarn from my picture entries for today, you'll see a good chunck of artisan yarn. There is a local yarn shop, thankfully, over in Clarkesville. Some of these came from etsy sellers and festivals in NC. While I appreciate greatly the conveniences of big stores and synthetic blends, my heart still favors handling natural fibers and enjoying being part of homegrown, homemade, sustainable processes whenever possible. (Granola girl nods her good-night, takes a moment to kick of her birkenstocks and hugs a tree in the yard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment