Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Soul of Discipline

Kim John Payne is a consultant/trainer and a counselor but has been a teacher also. He wrote Simplicity Parenting (which is by far the most helpful book I've read as regards parenting). He started a course called "The Soul of Discipline: Guidance and Discipline in the First Nine Years" online, and I took the plunge. Today was our first session, and it was simply wonderful! If you have access to the materials later or if he writes a book with all of this information, it's well worth the funds. We touched on the basic principles today, and I took forward to specific examples and practical guidance for our girls. The traditional ways of interacting with young children leaves a lot to be desired for me--both in terms of efficiency (and their character and peace in the long run) and peace in my own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment