Friday, October 19, 2012

Book Interests

Some books I want to read are: -Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko -Raising Girls by Gisela Preuschoff -Comfortable with Uncertainty by Pema Chodron -Lighting Fires: Deepening Education through Meditation by Jorgen Smit -The Secret of Happy Children by Steve Biddulph -Mary Oliver: New and Selected Poems (a favorite poet) -Connection Parenting by Pam Leo -Billy Collins: Horoscopes for the Dead (a favorite poet) -Women's Power to Heal through Inner Medicine by Sri Swamini Mayatitananda -Calm and Compassionate Children: A Handbook by Susan Usha Dermond -Sacred Economics by Charles Eisenstein -Building Resilience in Children and Teens by Kenneth R. Ginsburg -God Is Not a Christian by Desmond Tutu -Above All, Be Kind by Zoe Weil -Making Supper Safe by Ben Hewitt. You know I have it in me. It might take a long time, but this is the current list. Some books from my last list were partially read because I didn't feel the need to plod through it all. One of those really great ones was "Spark" which connects the brain to exercise. Fascinating, but it didn't take long for him to make his case for me. :) Also, I might finish; but I am probably done with "Raising Happiness." It just got kind of long. Don't know about that one. A magazine I'm in love with: Taproot. It's quarterly.
So my ESOL endorsement course work will take me about a year to do, but I still aim to read a little bit for pleasure. Updates on this list just might be forthcoming. I hope so because this is a great list of books!

No comments:

Post a Comment