Friday, October 19, 2012

Wheat Belly

The book reviews are short and sweet these days and FEW. I'm taking classes at night so it has drastically cut down on my pleasure reading. I found Wheat Belly to be a fascinating book. Completely fascinating.
I even cut wheat for about a month to see if it helped, and I think it did. I seemed to deal with less reflux, but I created more by eating fatty foods since I didn't do all the replacements properly. Oy vey. Where I'm at now (even if I revert to no wheat later) is simply sticking to organic, freshly milled stuff and sprouted stuff. That costs more, but I don't need to eat so much of it anyway. If you are having health troubles like diabetes, high cholesterol, stomach disorders, skin disorders, etc., it could be related to the wheat we mostly ingest. It's practically poison (said with Appalachian accent), I'm tellin' ya. A great follow up that I might read is Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride's "Gut and Psychology Syndrome." I've seen a great interview with her, and her case is somewhat analogous with Dr. Davis' perspective in Wheat Belly. She goes further, though, and doesn't isolate grains alone. He doesn't either, but his book is more about wheat than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment