Sunday, November 25, 2012

Peppermint Lip Balm

Here's to another holiday gift. It's a small one but so lovely with the cool, dry weather. I made these peppermint lip balms before with Amanda Soule's recipe and had some trouble with the honey staying mixed in with the other ingredients. It didn't take away from the balm-ness, but it looked a little messier than many lip balms. I didn't color this batch at all. Here's hoping they stay all smooth looking!
I'm careful to use doTERRA peppermint oil in the recipe since I know it's therapeutic grade oil. As a side note, I did this little project while attempting a bigger one: cold process soap. I truly experimented trying to imitate Greenstone Soap's Tangerine Calendula blend. I had dried calendula flowers around, and when I got some bulk essential oils (not from doTERRA but rather from Bulk Apothecary), I got tangerine this time. We'll see if I was in any way successful. I had run-away hot (caustic!) soap too since my shoe box didn't seem to contain it (even with freezer paper laid in it). I scheduled this adventure for this weekend since a couple of weeks ago, I went to one of Greenstone Soap's Workshop and learned a lot. I wanted to put some of the knowledge into practice right away so I didn't forget too much. Another great resource for soap (and other self-care products) is Renee Tougas' tutorials. Lotions and hand creams are next, and I have a few books and recipes I'm looking to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment