Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012: A Good Year!

I want to look back at some of the neat-o things from this past year. There were some awesome e-courses (The Soul of Discipline, Whole Foods Kitchen and Seasonal Intelligence) along with in person workshops that changed a lot for me (mostly connected to homemaking, homesteading). We expanded that homemaking/steading incredibly with more growing, preserving, fermenting, gifting, sprouting, sewing. Community had a much larger role to play this year with grass roots hearts going forward together in our little town to need each other, learn from each other and celebrate together. Along that vein, participating in a CSA was such a source of vitality and inspiration in our household. Health, overall, has been at the forefront of many of our experiences from fitness (and weightloss) to herbs to essential oils to making more of our own food in general. Obviously, having my gallbladder out has made a difference; and I have to thank speaking up for myself and pursuing my own health instincts which made that possible. Friendships bloomed more this year, a bit. Professionally, I've been working towards an ESOL endorsement and am still plodding away at that one. We're dreaming a little now, Eric and I--talking over things we want to experience and do. Looking forward to 2013 with definite intentions (which we aren't always good at) and some vague possibilities (which we are both good at).

No comments:

Post a Comment