Sunday, July 7, 2013

Spicy Asian Salad

I can't tell you how much we're enjoying flowers lately.  Here are some of a friends' from the farmer's market.  What a show.
 The Forks over Knives Cookbook isn't disappointing!  We made their Spicy Asian Salad from page 63, and Eric liked it so much he got seconds.  (I used red quinoa because I like variety!, and I didn't do as many green onions as they call for.)  We had enough for leftovers and some for the freezer.  We ate it over spinach and also had some roasted okra to accompany it--purple/red okra from our CSA bag.
 Here's some dried feverfew from our garden.  To think, I could have three times this amount if I had harvest it all and not been overwhelmed with all three large stalks.  The compost is might anti-inflammatory these days.

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about getting that cookbook. How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems more and more interesting. :) It is opening us up to some different spices and vinegars etc. that will expand our cooking a lot I think. Eric did say that it didn't take him too long to get hungry after that dinner though. :) Mostly vegetable foods do that, but I think if we're going to get serious about our health, our stomachs are going to need to shrink a little. ;-}

    ReplyDelete