Friday, August 1, 2014

Mama, Do You Love Me?

7008 2
I think E's new favorite book is Barbara Joose's Mama, Do You Love Me?  I considered pasting in as many pages as I could find images for on google, but you can google it. :)  The illustrations are magical, truly.  I'm a little partial since it's Alaskan.  The little girl's doll reminds me of some my parents bought when we lived there.  Also merged into my bias is a strong admiration for first nations.  (As to the author, we already had her Ghost Wings which is a lovely book for Day of the Dead.)

But those things aren't what win my baby's heart.  It's every word reminding her of Mama's unconditional love.  A full range of emotions and situations are embedded in the story, and the answer is always the same.  She asks me to read it over and over again each night.

2 comments:

  1. I still have those same eskimo dolls from when you all lived there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing artistry! I used to be scared of their faces a bit, but now I think they're so beautiful.

      Delete