Sunday, January 24, 2016

Spark Joy: an Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying up

You may remember that I read and reviewed Marie Kondo's other very popular book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying up and LOVED it.  I still find myself going back to it to think about certain concepts or ideas.  Her new book, Spark Joy, is a companion to that first book, and it's well-worth my time as well.  It's more specific about certain ideas, and it still has illustrative stories.  This volume has pictures too in order to help people understand the folding processes etc.  What's kind of funny to me is that these two books are some of the few I feel like I really need to keep for the present.  There's nothing of literary inspiration etc., but I really am enjoying mulling over certain Japanese sensibilities and Kondo's own ideas of making/keeping things tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment